Search boatshare4u.co.uk posts

Friday, March 22, 2013

What snow?

When I arrived at Braunston this afternoon in preparation for the show tomorrow, you wouldn't have known there had been any snow.  There was still plenty when I left Staffordshire, but little sign of it round Braunston.

It was very cold, though - and there has been some fine wet snow since - so hopefully it won't have settled much by the morning.  I'll be 'on duty' at our table in the marquee, which does have some heating and where, I'm told, there will be some refreshments available.  If I'm not there when you come along, please look for me on Sundowner.

Sundowner is in place along with around a dozen other boats, so if you can brave the elements, there should be plenty to see - and I'll do my best to answer any questions on shared ownership you may have after talking to other owners on the boats.

One thing will be very obvious tomorrow and Sunday, and that's just how effective the solid fuel (and diesel) stoves are at keeping the boats warm and snug inside - a good opportunity to sit and chat with owners while warming up!

I hope to see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment